Thursday, January 28, 2010

hi, ho, hi, ho it's back to work I go

Well, I did it. I made it back to work on time and with no tears. I think the practice days really did help. I wasn't stressed out going back. I think part of that was do to the fact that it all seemed overwhelming so there was no one thing to stress about, it was all stressful! ha!
Seriously though, I was worried about leaving Emery and that was a little hard, but I tricked my mind into thinking he was still in his little crib with daddy b/c that's where I saw them last before I got in the car. Blake was good enough to take him to daycare today and he'll even do it tomorrow.
The day flew by and before I knew it, it was lunch. I had forgotten to pump in the am during my little 20 minute break b/c I was so busy being exhausted! I did have time to pump at lunch and I dropped the fresh milk off at daycare for him tomorrow. So far: no dipping into our frozen supply. Yippee!!!
Overall, the whole day seemed surreal. Like a step back into my previous life. I didn't feel like myself completely. It wasn't a bad feeling at all, just a weird one. I don't think being back will be too bad after all. I keep telling myself we have a ton of days off in February, a whole week in March and then I'm out at the end of May! It'll go by quickly. I hope...
PS-Update on the PPD: I had a follow up with the doc yesterday and I said that other than some intense dreams (some violent) all was well. She seemed moderately concerned about the dreams, but said if they bother me then I can try another anti-depressant. I'm not really stoked about that since I'm breastfeeding and from what I read, my choices are limited. I feel great and I have full energy back, so I say leave well enough alone.
Here's praying for a snow day tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Buck said...

Yay!
So glad the first day back went well!

The Menagerie Momma said...

Glad your first day back went well. Did you get your snow day yesterday? And as an aunt I'll need some new pictures of my nephew. Ok? Get to it (in all of your spare time, I know)! :) Thanks!

bethany said...

I'm so glad your first day back went well! Sounds like you have a great attitude towards it! Also glad things in in the PPD department are going so much better!

Keep smiling friend!

About Me

A couple in their mid-30's facing parenthood for the 1st time. Let the games begin!