Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We have a celebrity in our midst

That's right folks, Emery has seen the bright lights of fame and there's no turning back now. I, however, couldn't shrink away fast enough. I hope I'm able to endure the red carpet in a few years. I may have to put on makeup for that one.
What I'm talking about, of course, is Emery's appearance on the news Tuesday night. Yep, that's right. The news.
We went to his 2 month well baby check up and the health reporter from Fox 4 was there doing a story on the lack of seasonal flu in dr. offices this year. After filming several other patients, they filmed Emery and myself (blah) with the doctor. Our bit was to show that getting parents inoculated helps keep little ones safe too. He looked cute as ever. Only problem? The doctor kept calling him "her". Thankfully you can't hear it in the segment. For some reason that office thinks Emery is a girl. Does he look like a girl? maybe, I can't ever tell when they're little like this. Is it his name? maybe, Emery hasn't been popular for 100 years so maybe they think it's a girls name. It's not, btw. I think maybe we're just living in a time when many names are ambiguous enough to apply to both genders. Hayden, Peyton, Corey, Elliott, Avery...you get the idea.
Here is the video segment. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Buck said...

He looked so cute and chubby in the video!

And he looks like a boy baby to me. Not sure why the doctor is so confused! Plus, doesn't the doctor weigh him naked? You'd think after he saw the boy parts he'd get it!

Little Man's blog said...

The nurse does that part...

About Me

A couple in their mid-30's facing parenthood for the 1st time. Let the games begin!