Sunday, January 17, 2010

You can't make this @#& up...

Alternative names for this post:
Wyandotte Co.'s well deserved rap
7 people, 1 brain
This @$#& is better than TV
Come on natural selection!!!

Ugh. It is now 4:30 in the morning. Blake, Emery and I are all awake due to the dumbasses who live next door. For those of you who know our place, you are familiar with the parking pad out front. For those of you not, we have a parking pad that is level with the road and hold two cars. Our yard slopes away from the road at a shallow angle, thus leaving the front of the parking pad about 18-24 inches above the yard. There is a set of railroad ties at the front to deter anyone from trying to drive off the front. Alas, this is where the story goes awry.
The dumbasses who live next door managed to somehow get their 83 Chevy jack-knifed off the front of the parking pad so the front wheels were on the ground and the back wheels are on the pad. Now, a normal human would see this and know that A. a truly stupid person was behind the wheel B. no amount of "pulling" on the back will dislodge said truck C. A tow truck must be called. None of this occurred to the dumbasses. Sooo, at about 2:30 this morning, they decide to dislodge the truck using a friend and his Bronco. That's right. We both wake up to tires squeeling and 7 morons yelling various stupid ideas back and forth right outside our bedroom window. My personal favorite was when they thought they could stand on the back of the bumper to "give it some more weight". Are you @$#!ing me??? THE TRUCK IS ANGLED AT A 45 DEGREE and wedged between the ground and a concrete slab!!!! After much grunting and scratching, the decide the best solution is to drive the truck forward and completely off the pad onto our yard. At this point, they realize the truck is nearing the end of it's gas supply. I hear: "Are you kiddin'? We just filled up with 1/4 tank!" The Bronco is sent in to "push" the truck onto our yard. This works. Time to celebrate. Now the truck is stuck on the slope of our side yard and spinning its tires wildly trying to climb back up the embankment. No luck. The Bronco is sent in to try and pull it out, only instead of lining the vehicles up, they decide to hook them up at an acute angle and tow the truck back toward the road. Yes boys, that will work. Never mind the laws of physics, go ahead and try it. While you're at it, why not shower our house with pebbles and other crap in the process. At this point all hell breaks loose in our house; baby wakes up, I'm audibly cursing them and Blake snaps.
I need to break here and mention something about my husband. He is Clark Kent. Mild mannered, polite to a fault, helpful to everyone, cool under pressure and patient as the day is long.
Not tonight.
Tonight he turned into Superman. It is now 3 am and Blake marches out our front door and proceeds to yell at the top of his lungs some "choice" words at the dumbasses. Their response? "Are you mad??" YOU THINK????????????
They try to pull the "aw shucks" routine with Blake. Blake will have nothing to do with it and shouts some more "choice" words. The neanderthals decide to take a break until the morning. I go out to try and break up this potential fight by mentioning the now awake baby.
Thus, the reason we are still awake at almost 5 am.
I'm trying to decide what to do in the morning. Do I go out and take pictures so that when the morons back over our air conditioner we'll have proof it was fine before the accident? Do I go over and ask them if they'd rather reseed the lawn in April or May? Or, do I suggest they use 6 of the 7 as traction and let Darwin weed out a few.
I'm leaning toward the latter.

4 comments:

Buck said...

Pretty sure Kip would have called the cops within about 30 seconds.

Little Man's blog said...

We should have...

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm up at 5:30 am just because my child has always been an early riser, no matter what we do. And today, he decided to wake up his sister too. So, while I don't have a great story for being up so early, I sure do appreciate a reason to laugh as I'm gulping down my coffee. The sad thing about your story, is that all 7 men will probably have 4 children each, thus producing more stupid people in the world. I think that's in Darwin's theory somewhere too.

Betsy Pufahl said...

Oh yeah, anonymous was actually me, Betsy Pufahl!

About Me

A couple in their mid-30's facing parenthood for the 1st time. Let the games begin!