Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let the dry run begin

Well, the time has come...I must return to work. I have weird feelings about this. I have loved my time at home. LOVED it, but I also felt like I wanted to return to work. This past weekend, I went up to school to get the lay of the land after being gone 12 weeks. It was strange. I had a very Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde thing going on. One minute I was excited and the next I so didn't care. Sigh.
I guess the good thing is I only have 4 months before I'm home with him again. That'll be a good test run for me. I'm really, really not looking forward to August already.
But, enough whining. Now is the week to practice getting all ready again. I go back Thursday. Starting tonight I am beginning "Operation 7:00 am." I need to be completely ready and baby loaded every morning by 7. My mother-in-law seems to find this idea humorous. I've decided I'm going to bathe myself and the baby the night before so I don't have to do that in the am. I need to defrost the milk bottles the night before and pack my lunch too. It'll be a busy night, but I'd rather do it then than get up an hour earlier to do it. PLUS...a recent event has happened in our house. I call it "That-which-must-not-be-named", in the event we jinx ourselves. This said event is usually one that parents rejoice when their children first accomplish it. Emery has been doing it for 4 nights in a row now. About 9 hours at a stretch...but it shall remain nameless...please don't jinx us by saying it in the comments.
Wish me luck on Operation 7 am. I know we can do it.

2 comments:

The Menagerie Momma said...

I hate you. Your baby is 7 weeks younger than mine and he's sleeping 9 hours at a stretch? My baby slept 4 hours at a stretch the past two nights and I was giddy about that. WAS, until reading this. Thanks for ruining my high. :)

Buck said...

Hope the dry run goes well!

Some friends who have early mornings have saved time by bathing baby at night and having baby sleep in the next day's outfit, so he's ready to roll in the morning. In the alternative, he can always go to daycare in pajamas. It's socially acceptable for babies. :) And I swear if you lay out your clothes at night instead of fighting with your closet in the morning, it'll save you tons of time!

About Me

A couple in their mid-30's facing parenthood for the 1st time. Let the games begin!