Monday, April 20, 2009

Good news after a scary day

Friday I went to work as usual but about 9:00 I experienced some bleeding. I called my doctor and they scheduled me for an emergency ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. I was a mess to say the least. Blake met me there and we had a very thorough exam with the tech. Thankfully everything was fine and they were unconcerned about the bleeding as it stopped shortly after starting and the baby was safe, growing and, shall I say, 'dancing'! That's right, Little has some sweet moves! I mean, Napolean Dynamite type moves... Active heartrate at 160 which is slightly higher than the 153 we heard last week with the Doplar.
The tech also did some measurements and thinks we're off on our due date by about 6 days. Sooo, that puts our new due date at October 31st. Some of you might not be aware, but that date is significant to my family for several reasons. My parent's got married on that date 34 years ago and it was my paternal grandfather's birthday. So, we're hopeful it continues to be a significant day for us.

No comments:

About Me

A couple in their mid-30's facing parenthood for the 1st time. Let the games begin!