Since our wedding is Memorial Day Weekend, we’d love to have you stick around Sunday and explore Kansas City. We’re planning on staying until Tuesday or Wednesday to visit and be your personal tour guides.
He plucked up the guts and asked her…
He plucked up the guts and asked her…
Blake asked me to marry him on Sunday, January 13th. My parents came up to go to Menards and they stopped by the house for a while, we caught up and then went to Arthur Bryant’s for lunch. I thought it was a little odd that Blake didn’t want to go with them to Menards, but oh well. We said good by to them and went to see a movie. He was acting more cuddly and lovey than usual, but I loved that! When were driving home, he asked me if I wanted to get ice cream. I thought, “middle of January, sure, I’m up for a frozen treat.” So, ice cream in hand, he sta
You see, our third date was the date where we played 20 questions really got to know each other and thought maybe there was something special here.
He led me over to the same park bench we sat on before and he asked me if we could play our game again. He asked me to go first. I asked him what he’d miss most about me if I were gone. He didn’t hesitate at all and said “everything”. Then he said “my turn” (getting down on one knee) and proceeded to ask me if I would honor him by being his wife. I couldn’t have been happier. So, we’re engaged and we’re getting married May 25th. No long engagement for this couple in their 30’s!
The Plan
We’ve decided to get married at Powell Gardens on the outskirts of Kansas City. It should be beautiful in May. Some guests may want to stay near the gardens (and by near, I mean the nearest city with hotels, which is about 20 miles away) in Lee’s Summit. Other guests may want to stay near us and stick around to experience some of the fun listed below (this is what we recommend) knowing that their commute to the gardens will be considerably longer that morning. However if you have hotel points at a particular chain, feel free to book your own hotel. One recommendation: Don’t book your hotel up at the airport. It is at the farthest end of Kansas City and nearly 2 hours from the gardens.
Until then, explore below…
No comments:
Post a Comment